Tuesday, April 14, 2009

yoyaku & maegami. reservation & bangs.

so, i finally got a hair cut. it was about time! my friend from my favorite coffee shop recommended a salon that her two friends (husband & wife) own. this salon = amazing: it's located on the 4th floor of an obscure, pastel pink building, situated along the kano river in numazu. the actual salon is gorgeous. open ceilings, eclectic furniture & huge windows revealing the gorgeous city skyline. initially, i was a bit nervous about my actual cut. considering the language barrier, i could picture them completely misunderstanding me & chopping my hair off all together. but once the woman started washing my hair, my skeptical thoughts were quickly shampooed away. she massaged my head for a glorious 20 minutes (yes, i almost fell asleep) after which, i was lead (deliriously) to the center of the salon for my actual cut. i couldn't believe how much time this man took to cut my hair. he seemed to artistically maneuver his way around my chair, paying attention to every delicate detail, in hopes of a perfect outcome. i was mesmerized. & i can't wait to go back.

the chair, where i nearly fell asleep. 

the salon. my hair on the ground.

i realize this isn't the most flattering photo of me, but it's great of my cut. i wish i took one after i left the salon...i guess this will have to do. more to come! 
one more thing. while i was in the salon, they were playing one of my favorite singers' albums (yael naim). i mentioned to them i really enjoyed the music, & before i left, they took the CD out of the stereo system, & gave me the copy! how incredible. 

2 comments:

Jody said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog... Your cut is beautiful. It's always nice to find a good place for haircuts - I've lived in the same place for 3 years and have yet to be so lucky! Your blog interests me - my Dad is Japanese-American.

cocorosa said...

the haircut is really lovely! my hair is so fine that I gave up on trying new and fabulous cuts.. :( I so envy hair like yours!! xoxo