Monday, December 14, 2009

eat. pray. love.

i'm currently reading eat pray love by the amazing elizabeth gilbert, a very talented author & journalist. my sister mailed me the book last month, & it is such an inspirational read. i can't help but highlight at least 2 sentences on every page--because her words are just that engaging.

this is one of my favorite passages, which i can't seem to get out of my mind. these are words from an indonesian medicine man, which gilbert met on one of her many journeys.

"you must keep your feet grounded so firmly on the earth that it's like you have four legs, instead of two. that way, you can stay in the world. but you must stop looking at the world through your head. you must look through your heart, instead. that way, you will know God. "

1 comment:

Leslie said...

It's SUCH a good book. I enjoyed it as well.